Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Can't Do It

I can't keep knitting that hideous blind-picked dishcloth even if it's only a dishrag or a warshrag.  I just can't.  I know I'd make excuses not to work on it, try to leave it in a waiting room, or drop it off the bridge onto a coal freighter.  So I frogged it and I'm going to replace the pink (ack!) with a nice neutral beige that will accentuate the more vivid colors in the variegated yarn.  I've learned my lesson and won't choose 2 colors of yarn that are too close to each other but I'm not risking a blind choice again.

I finished Sudoku Stone block #5 yesterday, mostly at work.  I went down and counted all the done blocks so my current plan is to knit the remaining blocks of the colors I only need two or three more of, then I'll tackle the ones that need eight more.  That's a good plan, right?  Anyway it'll do until I have another brainstorm.

Late yesterday afternoon when I was tidying up the store I got a Dove chocolate out of the freezer.  This is what the "fortune" on the wrapper said.  I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed, hot, and tired so a piece of candy telling me to "go anywhere but home" almost had me turning right out of the parking lot instead of left.  Usually I find the sayings in those things kind of trite and Hallmark-ish but that one, man, that one really hit me.  I didn't keep it.  It'd be dangerous to have laying around of those days when running away from home seems like the best idea I've had in years.

July 28--Daniel J. Cox, Giant Panda.  Elizabeth thought the panda looked like the grand prize from a carnival game.  It had wedged itself between a tree branch and the trunk and was chewing on a long piece of bamboo.  It didn't look ferocious with a lot of sharp teeth like a grizzly, it had a sort of smile on its short muzzle.  She didn't remember ever hearing of someone being attached by a panda.  She stood at the door to the panda enclosure, a rake and broom in one hand and a pail of panda food in the other trying to work up the guts to go in.  The panda cocked its head watching to see what she did.  She knew she didn't have meat in her pail, only leaves and some pellets of something that looked like what they used to feed Duke their dog, Purina Panda Chow most likely.

Okay, I gotta go, Jeopardy!'s starting. Alex would miss me.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sometimes those "fortunes" are so perfect! I kept one from a fortune cookie that said "Good clothes open many doors. Go shopping." Of course I kept that one!!! And I don't blame you for abandoning that dishcloth/washcloth. Too PINK!!!!