Friday, April 10, 2015

There's a New Chicken in Town

One of DS & DIL1's chickens bit the dust earlier this year so DIL1 searched around and found the perfect replacement.  Meet Princess Cuckoo.  She's a Cuckoo Maran, which it says in the link is a pretty rare breed of chickens in the US.  I took some fruit peels over the other day on my way to work and got a good look at her.  She's pretty and already laying eggs, brown ones.  Good girl.



I was amazed to see blue sky and sunshine for a few (very few) minutes this morning.  It's back to being chilly and windy but those few minutes of sunlight were greatly appreciated.  I know it's only the first part of April and I know I live in Northeastern Wisconsin, but I'd like some sun, please, even if it can't be very warm yet.  We had some rain off and on yesterday and some pretty heavy rain after I got home from Knitting Guild but I didn't hear any thunder.  My friend said they had thunderstorms in Milwaukee but the only part of the storm we got was the wind and rain part.  *sigh*  Oh well.

It was quiet at work yesterday so I cast on a Play Day hat to go with last week's mittens.  I wanted to make a mosaic hat and this pattern falls under that category but I think my yarns are too similar to make the contrast true mosaic knitting demands.  I like it so far, though.  You can't go wrong with red.

Last night was judging night for Design-A-Thon entries.  It was hard to pick the ones I liked best.  We won't find out who won until next month.  I don't think I have much of a chance, the other entries were more impressive and design-y than mine, but I had fun and will probably play along next year again.

I didn't write last night.  Just wasn't in the mood.  I think I'll go to the AT&T store in the mall later to see if I can't learn more about how my phone works, and maybe I'll stop at Walmart to pick up a toy broom for someone because I promised.  We need to tackle those patio leaves and my broom is just too big.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Princess Cuckoo looks a bit like a Leghorn. Kinda black and white stripes??? I have memories of the chickens and the chicken coop we had growing up but we never gave the chickens names. That'd been too cruel when one appeared on the dinner table! Know that fate isn't in the future for Princess Cuckoo.