Tuesday, August 12, 2014

We Got Rain!!!!


Last night around 9 o'clock I heard rain and not just any wimpy sprinkles either, rain like it really meant it, and when I went to bed I heard raindrops pecking at the window over my head.  This morning when I opened the curtains here's what I saw--a wet patio and raindrops in the birdbath.  Woohoo!  (mercifully no one saw me, not even Durwood, but I did a little dance)

Yesterday afternoon it was quiet-ish at work after a pretty darned busy morning so I got almost through the first part of the Linen Hankie Washcloth, then I got part of the first edging done last night.  I'll be picking up the hook (because now it's shifted from knitting to crochet) as soon as I hit "publish" so I can maybe finish today.  I think it's easy and I like the way it looks.  Can't wait to see it done.

I got the rest of the camera doodads yesterday so I charged up the batteries and can start learning how the camera works.  Of course, the cable I ordered isn't the one I really wanted (my mistake) but I have extra batteries and a charger so one can charge while I use another.  Now I just need to figure out how to get the pictures from the camera to the laptop.  

August 12--Iran, Plaque with Horned Lion-Griffins.  Wings and fangs and horns--the creatures looked like some fantasy geek's ideal.  The gold was too gold, too yellow gold, cheap looking.  Abe pulled the object out of the crate shoved in the corner of the junk shop.  He used his shirt to rub off some of the dust.  He turned it over and tilted it in the weak light that penetrated the murk.  There were marks, they looked like Arabic and the gold was soft, soft like it was nearly pure.  He glanced around and then dug his thumbnail into the back of the plaque.  He gouged out a little crescent and was amazed.  He looked for a sticker, hesitant to ask the price, afraid he'd betray his eagerness and interest.

Okey-dokey, that's it for me.  I'm going to go crochet and watch the rain.  Ahhh.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your patio looks so pretty in that one picture. Love all your pots. And yay for rain!