Thursday, December 20, 2012

Today It Worked

As soon as my lunch soup was hot a customer came into the store which was a big surprise since we're having a snowstorm today.  Yay.  Not.  I mean I know I said a while back that I'd like a snowy winter, but I don't want it all in one day and we're supposed to get 10-14" before this ends, and the wind is slated to pick up, making this a true blizzard.  Good thing I got snowblower gas on my way home from work yesterday.



I've been making good progress on the red & gold striped xmas stocking.  I got to the heel yesterday and left my knitting bag at work for today.



Naturally I couldn't not knit last night after supper.  So I got out the double-thick washcloth pattern, the old metal needles, and the giant skein of yellow, orange, and pink cotton.  I've been interested to see how the colors blend and pool so it was no great hardship to cast on.








The other yarn I can't wait to knit up into a double cloth is this lone skein of Plymouth Jeannee.  I do love me some variegated yarn.

No comments: