Thursday, February 2, 2012

WooHoo!

Last night just before midnight I knitted to the end of the Fair Isle on the Red Marl sweater. (can I get an "Amen") I'm nowhere near done with the sweater and I have no excuse for it taking me a month to knit fewer than 46 rows even with 2 colors involved, but if I EVER even think about knitting something larger than a hat or pair of mittens using more than one color of yarn (other than simultaneously) you have my permission to bop me on the head. For some reason the longer I did it the more I hated it, the more I ground my teeth, and the more I tensed up my back and shoulder muscles. I abuse those particular muscles enough as it is, I don't need a "relaxing activity" to help with that. Now I need to knit about 6" of solid red, divide for the fronts, knit those, knit sleeves, put it all together (which just happens to be the program at next Thursday's Bay Lakes Knitting Guild meeting) knit the collar, and wear it. Probably next fall or winter, but that particular monkey will be off my back--and I can go on to the next one in the queue. There's no dearth of monkeys (so to speak, I'm really referring to projects begun and shoved aside) at Barbara's house.

2 comments:

vjicha said...

Amen! Well ... you asked for an AMEN, and now you have one. I sure enjoy your posts. read every single one.

Aunt B said...

Here's another AMEN!!! It looks wonderful. Also giving an Amen to Vjicha's post -- I too enjoy and read every single one! Love you.