Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sorry For The Radio Silence

We had a little excitement at our house but now all is well and back in place as it should be. I'm beginning to despair that we'll ever have spring. It looks like spring most of the time but it sure doesn't feel like spring most of the time. Yesterday was gorgeous, of course I was stuck sitting in a hospital room with Durwood, but it was sunny and warmish when we made our escape around 6:30 PM. Today it's overcast and I'd be surprised if it was much over 50. It's supposed to be in the high 60s this time of year. Good thing I haven't planted the garden yet because we had a frost warning the last 2 nights. We are not amused. Hey, if you haven't read The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, I highly recommend it. It's supposed to be for Young Adults but I really enjoyed it. Next up is one of the bazillion James Patterson thrillers co-written with someone I've never heard of. Man, that guy is prolific. I saw an interview with him on CBS Sunday Morning a while back and he said he's got so many story ideas that he can't begin to write them all so that's why he takes on co-writers. Hey, James, pick me! Actually I like to read those exciting stories but suck at writing them. I don't like conflict in my life and what I think is conflict in my stories is nothing but a bump in the road. I need to get in touch with my inner aggressor, I guess. Any clues how?

May 16--Balthus, The Mountain.

Up on the mountain
they all have canes,
like a convention of
carnival barkers.
Young people in twos
or groups hike up
to meadows for picnics.
Lunch in a canvas backpack,
wine or beer
cooled in a stream,
a nap in the shade
before hiking back to town.
Home before dark.
~~~~~

All is well, or nearly well, at Casa de Us. You can stop worrying for now.
--Barbara

No comments: