Thursday, May 5, 2011

Now It's Feeling Like Spring

There has finally been a shift in the air so that it feels like spring might finally be on the way. I've been trying to remember if we've had leaves before now in years past but can't. Hell, I can't really remember what I had for supper two days ago unless I try and step back one meal at a time (cod fillet baked on a bed of homemade salsa with lime juice, rice, and fresh broccoli or green beans, I forget which but it was green). I hadn't been having too much trouble sticking to healthy eating with no sweets until last night when I went to Walmart late. I kept thinking I should get a candy bar or some sweetie to eat in the car on the way home, but I didn't. That feeling, that habit isn't going to go away without a fight so I have to be strong. I'm kind of achy from working out so I'm taking this morning off but will do a few miles on the stationary bike tonight after work. Maybe this weekend I'll get out my real bike and go to the trail, that'd be fun if the weather cooperates. That means I have to wrestle the bike rack back on my car tomorrow. Hmm, maybe I can do it today at work.

May 4--Thomas Sully, Child Asleep (The Rosebud)

Long ago days
of innocent sleep
tousled hair
pinked cheeks
skin like silk
rosy pout of a mouth
I watched them
as they slept
awed at the perfection
that grew from
imperfect me
humbled
by the enormity
of parenting infants
into people
~~~~~

Happy Cinco de Mayo! I'm jealous of Dusty who lives in a very Hispanic part of town. I wish my neighbors were having a party and I imagine all the delicious smells as they cook their festive foods. One of these days I'm going to live in a more diverse neighborhood.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yes, it looks like Springtime really and truly is coming to Green Bay. 'bout time, I say!!!