Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In The Shop

My laptop stopped recognizing me as Administrator last week when I ran Spybot so I decided to take it to the fix-it shop yesterday for a tune-up. This is one of the many advantages to having a local ISP. They do repairs. For forty bucks I get a virus scan, they physically clean it, they download any upgrades, run all sorts of diagnostics, and defrag it. And they tell me whether I can upgrade it to make it faster or more efficient and how much that'd cost. Well worth the money. But that also means that I don't have my computer for a few days. Right now I'm using the old desk top that Durwood uses and I feel like I'm back in the Stone Age. You know that if we'd had this computer ten years ago we'd have been in heaven, now it's like driving a Model T. I'm not saying this too loudly but it stopped raining. Don't want to jinx it by shouting but this is a good thing. We've had enough, the ground is soaked and the farmers are twiddling their thumbs.

April 26--Germany, Chalice, Paten and Straw.

Ancient rite
performed by men
vowed to God
in prayer
Cathedral grand
with a golden cup
or in a hut
with a stone cup
Piety and intention
over pomposity
and pride
Sacred words
ennoble
the setting
~~~~~

I'm off to shower and dress for work. Tonight's the Titletown Brewery Beer Pairing supper. I'm looking forward to learning more about beer, wine and food. Especially the food.
--Barbara

No comments: