Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blizzard Aftermath



I know you're out there worrying about if we're buried or if we've survived the latest "storm of the century." We survived. I'm guessing we got about a foot of snow and it blew around like crazy. Having the house face south is mostly a good thing except when there's a blizzard. Then the snow piles up in front of the house and it's work to get it cleared away. But that doesn't happen too often.




The wind sculpts drifts that look like ocean dunes.













The only parts of me exposed to the wind and blowing snow were my eyes--and I squinted them to slits when the snow blew right into my face. I looked like a yeti when I came in.






Seemed like one of the neighbors got an early Christmas present. He was having a
blast snowblowing the street in front of his house.








I think I waited too long to put Fifi and the tree out in the yard. There's 3 ft. of snow there. Oh, well, next year. (this is a picture from last year)

No comments: