Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, Lala!

Happy birthday, tooooooo youuuuuuuu! And many moooooore!

While I'm waiting for my Revision class to start I thought I'd post last night's prompt writing. I apologize for its shortness, I fell asleep while writing it. Next time, Barbara, start earlier!

February 6--Pankor Laut, Malaysia. It was the perfect spot for a massage, dim and open to the breezes even in the heat of the afternoon. Out there on stilts over the mangroves there was always air moving. She had a standing date with the masseuse. Every afternoon at three, Mai would walk down the white rock path, remove her sandals, and smooth the sheet covering the platform mattress. By the time she had lit a few incense sticks to enhance the relaxing mood and drive away any evil spirits, the lady had arrived. She seldom spoke. She would nod at Mai, remove the white seersucker robe she wore wrapped tightly around her thin body, and lie down. Mai would take care to warm the fragrant oil before she drizzled it on the lady's pale and fragile skin. The salt and iodine smell that rose from the shallow sea water below the stilt pavilion made her think that it was how it must have smelled at the beginning of time.

That's it, kiddies. I have just enough time to spellchek and get to class.
--Barbara

No comments: