Thursday, February 18, 2010

There's a Flaming Ball in the Sky!

YA-HOO!!! I'm saved. It's sunny. I feel lifted up. I feel awake for the first time this week. Pardon me while I dance around naked celebrating the emergence of the sun. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (doesn't that look like dancing?)

Okay, I'm back (and decently clothed). Now I can type in last night's writing, then get ready to keep the world safe from SCUBA diving for another day.

February 17--Pancake Rocks, New Zealand. Leah dusted her hands off on the seat of her pants. She had been hiking up into the forested hills of the island and she had arrived at her goal. The Pancake Rocks loomed before her looking like something built out of layers of gray cardboard. She had seen eroded rocks before, but these, they were different. Cracked in layers, piled like dry-stacked walls, they went on forever. Carved by eons of wind and rain, the Pancakes made her geologist's heart beat faster. She stepped forward with her arms outstretched as if to embrace the sheer rock-ness of the vista before her. Washed free of any trace of soil, the Pancakes were a desert of lizards and insects with not one tree to relieve the vast expanse of gray.

I had higher hopes for this but it blah-ed out right under my fingers. Maybe I'll take another run at it one day. Enjoy the sunshine, dudes and dudettes.
--Barbara

No comments: