Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday, Which Feels Like Monday

Since this is the first time I'm going to work this week. I was convinced that those 5 days I was off would stretch in long, relaxed days of unscheduled time, drifts of hours on the couch with my knitting, reading on the patio in the afternoon. Instead they zoomed by without leaving much of an impression. I know I spent Sunday diving with Kevin and Deb, and yesterday I walked with Dusty for a while, but the rest of it is just gone. What is with time these days? Someone must be cranking the clocks double-time.

September 9--Leonardo da Vinci, Head of a Young Woman with Tousled Hair, or Leda. His hand was nearly a blur, moving quickly as he painted her hair. But time slowed, perception sharpened as he came to her face. He twirled his brush to point the tip so as to make the thinnest of lines. His hand moved in a caress as he shaped her cheek, his lips parted in a kiss as her lips appeared in small shadows on the vellum. The tremble in his aging hands disappeared as the brush softly, smoothly slid down the Roman arch of her nose. You can hear the soft tones of his voice as he spoke to her posing so still in the shaft of light in his cluttered studio. She was just a street girl, too old to beg, too young to earn her living on her back, but he painted her and made her a goddess.

I don't think I'll go anywhere with this but I do like it. I like it alot.
--Barbara

No comments: