Monday, September 28, 2009

It Wasn't a Writing Weekend

so I'm not going to bother writing to catch up, I'm just going to start afresh and hope for better days. The intermittent rain and overcast today make me glad that my week at The Clearing was 2 weeks ago when it was still warm and sunny. I would be hard pressed to find a spot to sit outdoors and write in the blustery chill and damp. I feel overdressed in my long jeans, t-shirt and sweater today but I'm not too warm so it must be right for the room. It is fall so I suppose it's time for fall weather.

Oh, I just remembered, I need to call the county horticulturalist because I've got crocuses up, not blooming, just leafing. They need to understand that it's not time for them. I'm hoping he'll tell me how to convince them that this isn't their time of year, so I'd better get this posted and call him. Thanks for the reminder.

September 28--Francois Clouet, Francois II. Frankie has those eyes. You know the ones. A lot of little boys have them and by the time they are nine years old, like Frankie, they've figure out how best to use them. He'll twinkle them at me, not a straight-on look, but a kind of sidelong glance that uses his lashes to their best advantage. His eyelashes are so long that he couldn't wear glasses if he needed them because they'd sweep the lenses. Close up you can see that for most of their length they're the same dark brown as his hair but the tips are red gold that glints in the rays of sunshine that pour through the classroom window to his left. It's hard staying mad at Frankie and those eyes, but a teacher has to do what a teacher has to do.

Not too bad, not great, but bearable.
--Barbara

No comments: