Friday, July 27, 2007

Up to 17 Fish



Well, I must confess I've been slacking off on my yarn craft these days and writing instead. I was thinking about crocheting a sweater and ordered some Aria yarn in amber, but when it came I didn't like the color. I shipped it right back. Now I'm waiting for some Wolina in tan to arrive next week. Then I'll start the sweater and have a WIP to show. For today all I have to show you is a pile of fish.

Today's feature fish is the one I made from that Hobby Lobby yarn called Special Effects, it's one with ladders and ribbon and eyelash and chenille all in one. I wondered how it would turn out and it's kind of cool looking. I'm still a sucker for variegated yarn, but getting better at balancing it with solid colors.

Not smoking is going okay these days, but we'll see once I start NaNoWriMo on August 1.

There are no rubber chickens on my coffee table.

2 comments:

Psyche said...

Balancing, schmalancing! Knit what you want. They're your fish--and they're very impressive! I especially like the new one.

I don't remember where I got the speckled yarn. It could very well be one I bought in December.

I can't wait to see your sweater-in-progress!

Love,
Ann

Psyche said...

Oh, and great job not smoking! I'm sure you'll be able to hold firm next month. It's easy not to smoke--and Red Vines are cheap!

Love, Ann