Sunday, July 1, 2007

Big Progress!


On the knitting front at least. I managed to hold off until 4 PM Saturday before I went to Michael's, got 2 skeins of yarn and pulled out the size 50 needles to try knitting with them. It took a few rows to realized that it was too hard to knit continental, so I switched to moving the yarn with my right hand, whatever that's called, I can't remember right now. Once I did that, the scarf grew quickly. I worked on it from 4-6, then 7-10 and it's as tall as me! Now, I'm not very tall but I think that's a huge accomplishment. A few more rows and I'll bind it off. The pattern doesn't call for fringe, but I like fringe so I'll probably put some on there.

Yesterday was a bad day for smoking. Turns out I'm an emotional smoker or something, but I'm back to being resolved today and hope for better things.

2 comments:

Psyche said...

Wow, you're making great progress on your scarf!

You can totally do this quitting thing, Mom. I have enormous faith in you. Move past the slips and remember how easy it is not to smoke.

And knit/crochet your little fingers to the bone!

Love you. Hang in there!

~Ann

bookie said...

Thanks for the pep talk. It is surprisingly easy not to smoke and tomorrow will be a better day. I have to find another crochet project, since I finished the scarf yesterday.