Monday, October 1, 2018

Whew

I was sitting on the couch after supper tonight and realized that I hadn't done anything all day, hadn't taken any photos, not even of the rain pouring down all afternoon, so I didn't have anything to blog about.  This morning I phoned the painters to postpone them and called the clinic to see if I couldn't get in to see the doc to find out about this cough.  I met the graduates of the St. Agnes class of 1965 for lunch for my monthly cheeseburger and fries (no salt), then stopped at the dive shop to pick up the tanks I took in for service 10 days ago.  Nothing photogenic there.  (It's still odd to go to the dive shop and not have a key.)



 



Since I was knitting around on the Seaman's Church Institute cowl while I watched TV, I thought, "well, I can take a picture of this" and then I saw that I had made a booboo about a dozen rows back.  Hooray!  Something to photograph!  So I dropped the offending stitches down, one by one, and hooked them back up correctly.










October 1--John William Waterhouse, La Belle Dame sans Merci (The Beautiful Merciless Lady)  Her hair was a snare.  Long waves of red-gold tresses cascaded down her back to below her hips.  People's eyes were drawn to it.  They reached out to touch it.  She touched it, her hands smoothed down the lock that lay over her shoulder and the light played over it like it was amber.  Russell walked behind her down the street barely aware of what went on around him.  His phone rang and he turned it off.

I couldn't get in to see the doc this week so he sent in a prescription for an antibiotic to see if that knocks it out.  I don't care, as long as it helps chase this cough away.  It's inconvenient.  I'm off to bed.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

French fries but no salt??? I hope you poured on plenty of ketchup. Glad you have a Rx for that maddening cough. Going to bed early should help. Hope you slept like a baby.