Thursday, October 4, 2018

Only One Pill Left

On Monday the doc prescribed an antibiotic to try to knock out my cough.  The cough is some better but the antibiotic is wreaking havoc with my, uh, digestive system.  Not being a fool, I bought some probiotics when I picked up the meds so I've been taking them and having yogurt for breakfast every day but I'll be very glad to take that last pill tomorrow night.  And I have a doc appointment on Tuesday morning because although the cough has abated some it still hurts my chest when I cough and I do NOT like that, not one little bit.  Not least because I'm going to a writing workshop for a week very soon and do not want to feel anything but tiptop for that.



Fleet Farm had rain boots for 25% off in their ad last Sunday.  I've always wanted rain boots so I went to get some.  I found some that I loved, polka dot boots, but when we got to the checkout the boots that I fell in love with weren't the ones on sale.  Of course.  By then I was besotted with them and bought them anyway.  What's $10 when you're in love?


This evening I finished the ribbing of the Slip-Stitch Cap and plunged right in to the first two rounds of the pattern.  This hat is going to look good with my red winter coat and it'll look good with the gray fingerless mitts I'll cast on next.  This is the first time I'm using a 16" circular needle to knit a hat.  I've always shied away from short needles because I hold the needles with more than my fingertips so the short ones felt wrong but this is feeling okay.  Plus these are new needles and they're pretty colors.  The only negative I can see is that once I start the crown decreases I'll have to switch to Double Point Needles to finish.  Meh.  Still knitting from stash. I'm determined to knit (and sew--and eat, for that matter) from stash as much as I can mostly to cut down on the clutter but also because I must have wanted and liked the stuff when I bought it so I should bloody well DO something with it.


October 4--Edward Robert Hughes, Midsummer Eve.  It was midsummer and Gaia was preparing for the festival.  She had bread ready for the oven, a bowl of grapes, and a crock of butter cooling in the brook that ran through the near pasture.  The whole settlement was doing the same.  Fagin had spent the last week building tables for the feast in the clearing and Tio and his brother Ogden had promised meat for roasting.  It was sure to be a success.  The weather was fine, not too hot, not raining, so Gaia was sure that the fates would smile on them tomorrow.

This weekend I need to write the knitting guild newsletter and get it sent out (email) and go downstairs to whip up some aloe & cocoa butter moisturizer and some lip balm.  My assistant discovered the clove "lipstick" in my pocket today, declared it "spicy," and dipped in for another smear every time he passed by so I promised to make him some spicy lipstick the next time I make some for myself.  He's sure a fun playmate.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Of course you couldn't pass up those polka dot boots. And you'll make up for the extra $10 by knitting, sewing and even dining on all things "stashed" and not buying more. Hope your cough goes away before you go away for your writing getaway. I'm amazed that your assistant knows the word "spicy" and even used it correctly. Genius!