Thursday, October 11, 2018

Man, It Was Windy

I slept late this morning.  Around 11 o'clock I heard lawnmowers and realized that the grass was dry and I could mow so I got dressed in jeans and a hoodie and went out to join the neighborhood mowing brigade.  It was windy and darned chilly.  One of the guys was bagging his and hauling the stuff to the curb but with the leaves that got beaten off the trees in yesterday's rain and the wind that kicked up overnight and was still blowing a gale he had to stop every pass to empty the bag.  I decided that the word for the day would be "mulch" because there was no way I was going to trot out to the curb a bajillion times.


As I was going out to mow I caught sight of the reminder card from the eye doctor so I quick called and made an appointment for later in the afternoon.  My prescription didn't change all that much but I treated myself to a couple new pairs of glasses.  I tried to take a selfie in the red pair and ended up looking half-crocked so I settled for just shooting them uninhabited.  But they look good on me.  Trust me.



For once the chrysanthemums are blooming right on time.  In past years they've tried to sneak out early, popping buds in mid-July but I grab the shears and cut them back.  This year they finally got the message.  And, look, white ones too.  


One of my writing friends called this afternoon so we met after supper for a little writing time in a cafe which meant that when I got home I needed to start organizing what I want to pack for my escape to The Clearing.  The writing stuff part is easy, it's the clothing that takes thought.  I checked the long-range weather forecast and it's supposed to be in the low 50s all week so I can take my flannel dresses, fuzzy leggings, and wool socks.  That also means that I need to haul all the laundry I did last night upstairs so I can fold it all and find enough underwear.  Underwear is important to remember.

I didn't write the prompt last night and nothing I wrote tonight is worth posting so I'll just say "nighty-night."  Busy day tomorrow.
--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt B said...

You're going to be all warm and cozy at The Clearing. And you can take off with a clear conscience -- lawn mowed, laundry done, eyes checked. Ready to go. Know you'll have a wonderful time.

Mimi said...

See you tomorrow...bring lots of turtlenecks!!!

Mary