Tuesday, August 8, 2017

All Sewn Up

After supper instead of watching Antiques Roadshow on PBS (it wasn't on, it's fundraising season) I went back down to the sweatshop, um, sewing area and finished up the navy linen dotted Dress no. 1 so I could wear it today.  I shortened up the shoulder seams a bit and didn't allow for it when installing the pockets so they're a little high but they're still usable and I'll make a note for next time, aka tomorrow.  Ta-da!


 



 There were tomatoes to pick this morning.  Still
getting slug bites on the Celebrity tomatoes so I've made myself a note to go out to reapply the slug repellent around that plant tonight.  Seems that evening is when the slugs come out to play.



Look! the bell pepper's turning red.  We have never had any luck growing bell peppers so we're both pretty excited about this one.  (pretty pathetic, don't you think?  two adults getting all dreamy-eyed about a vegetable turning from green to red.  sheesh)





 

The butternut squash are a nice size too.  










I'm surprised that there are still Stargazer lilies blooming.  Glorious, aren't they?







We've been watching a squirrel-planted cornstalk get taller and taller.  Durwood was wondering how many ears of corn would grow on it.  As of noon today the answer is: none.  I took the first picture around 7 a.m. and the second one just before noon.  Damned squirrels.



 






That's it.  I didn't write a prompt last night.  I stayed up too late sewing and then reading.  *Warning: whine ahead*  I set my alarm for 6:15 because I had a date to meet a high school friend for coffee at 8:00.  My bladder didn't get the memo.  It woke me at 5:30 and I couldn't get back to sleep.  I hate that.  Hate.  It.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Don't be too hard on the squirrel. Remember you have that mountain of sweet corn on the flat bed truck. Well, I guess you do. If that's a permanent summertime event in GB. Polka Dot dress is too cute.