Friday, August 1, 2014

Oh, Mad, Do I Hab A Code

This is one of those colds that make you feel stupid because your head's all full of snot and pressure, and your mouth tastes like the inside of a gym sock after a marathon.  Ack.  I went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept until about 7:00 this morning which was amazing.  Because drinking cold water made my throat feel better at work yesterday I got up four time (4 TIMES!) in the night to pee but that didn't bother me one bit, evidently I can go to the potty in my sleep.  (TMI?  sorry)  Durwood is keeping his dicey lungs far away from germy me because, as rotten as I feel, I can endure a cold, we're not sure about him.  (yeah, I know a cold is a virus but "germy" sounds better than "virusy" don't you think?)

It was fairly quiet at work yesterday, just a few tanks to fill, so I didn't germ on too many people and I warned those few to stay away.  Washed my hands a lot too.  You're welcome.  I did manage through my snot-fog to rekey Chapter 6 through the day.  In fact, after reading through it a couple times I turned it into Chapters 6, 7 & 8.  It seemed like the right thing to do.  Now, does that mean that I get to skip rewriting today and tomorrow?  Probably not.

I knitted a little on the ankle sock yesterday, just enough to get it onto the circular needle and a few more rounds but knitting seemed like a slog with the cold.  It was easier to just copy words from the page to the computer screen.  Less thinking that way.

August 1--Italy, Dish, The Story of Aeneus:  Queen Dido of Carthage welcomes Aeneus and his Son.  Nobody looks happy.  Claire wipes the smile off her face as she finds a seat in the auction house.  She twiddles the handle of her bidding paddle and looks around.  Poker face is the order of the day. No one smiles, there's very little conversation, just a lot of grim-looking people marking in the catalog, not betraying interest in any of the items.  Claire is pretty new at this.  She wants to smile and chat, compare notes and meet new people.  She is definitely in the wrong place for that.

I haven't a clue what that means or where it might go.  I'm just happy that it was in English and not gibberish.  Time to get ready for an eye appointment.
--Barbara

No comments: