Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

Let me say first that I did not get the Christmas gift making and organizing done this weekend as I had hoped/planned. I'm not thrilled. But I did sign up for an online Revision course to get some guidance rewriting The Sea View. I am thrilled with how it turned out and I don't want to let it languish for years like I've done with my previous NaNoWriMo novels. I want to get this one rewritten and out there finding an agent. If I have to stay in the frozen north for the entire winter, I figured I might as well make use of the time.

December 12 & 13--Caravaggio, The Lute Player. His fingers were freezing. he'd been playing for hours, even since the last of the meal was served. He was so honored to be hire to play for the dinner where the Duc and his guests celebrated the success of their weekend's hunting. Luca had been called by his teacher, Signore Ribalto, and sent to the castello for the weekend. When he had arrived on Friday after the noon meal, the Duc's majordomo had sent him to the baths where a pretty young maidservant had scrubbed every inch of him. At first he had said he was clean enough but she shook her head. then he had said that he could wash himself but she was adamant saying, "If I leave, you will only splash a bit. His Grace insists that people around him be clean." With that she had him out of his shirt and pantaloons so quickly that his head spun. When he felt the breeze from the open door on his privates he hastened into the tub of water she had ready. He suffered her washing him from the top down but he stilled her hands when she reached to cup his manhood. "I can do that myself," he said, feeling a blush heat his face. She laughed at him. "You will like it more if I do it." For the first time he enjoyed getting clean.

I think my thoughts took an interesting turn.
--Barbara

No comments: