Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving, Bob! Or should I say, Happy Lobster Day? Don came home last night with our dinner and I can't wait to gobble them up. There's three times more ads than newspaper today. Let the insanity begin!

What a lovely poem, so perfect for today's thoughts of how our life gives us people to be thankful for. I'm thankful to have you for a writing friend, to read my ramblings and to share yours. I look forward to your comments and hope for a little peek into what you're working on each day. Thanks, Bob. Not much writing happened last night, but I like it:


The wind drives the waves onto the rough and jagged rocks where they tear themselves to shreds and slide back down to batter back again and again. He came here to escape, to find solitude and solace but the explosive pounding denies him peace. The pitiful wail of the wind through the rocks and the gurgling sigh of the water stretches his already stressed nerves. Here in the land of wind and water there is no peace, no rest, only a gritty turbulence and a sense of urgency that is impossible to ignore.


I don't know for sure who this guy is, but he's not exactly having a good day, is he? I have a feeling that there's redemption or at least solace coming for Sharon. She's too loyal to Jack, too much a victim of her own making to stay downtrodden for long. I see Susan lifting her up perhaps; Susan's a very strong opinionated woman who might be just what Sharon needs. (And I just noticed--I've got two women I plan to put in proximity in my story and both their names start with an "S"--rats)

Have a great day! I know you're working today, Bob, but I'm sure you'll brighten a few of the residents' day by being there and you can gorge on leftovers tomorrow.
--Barbara

No comments: