Friday, June 16, 2017

Plumping Up

The blueberries are, that is.  Well, I'm always plumping up and then trying to de-plump a bit, it's a yo-yo thing.  I can't tell you how thrilled I am that two of my three blueberry bush-lets are just filled with berries this year.  It's probably been 5 years since I planted them and 3 years since I made their special soil and sunk their pots into the ground, and this year's the first one where I have the potential to get more than a handful of berries.






The tomatoes have gotten the message too.  There are now 2 tomatoes visible on the Early Girl and one on the Celebrity.  I need to check to see if I'm supposed to be fertilizing my bales weekly or something.  Back to the book.












I was happy to see that the spiderwort in the garden is blooming. It's a bright lilac purple which washes out to this flabby color in a digital camera.  Trust me, it fills the eye.  The bees like it too.



I got about a third of the foot rounds done on the Calypso Anklet yesterday.  I switched to doing Magic Loop on a single circular needle to see if that would help me pick up the pace.  It might have but for some reason I could barely keep my eyes open in the late afternoon so it's hard to tell.



I've been slowly bringing my things home from the dive shop in preparation for June 29, my last work day.  This week my beanie baby-type toys that lived in a fishnet decoration and the "flu bug" we kept by the desk to ward off the flu (in case our flu shots didn't do the job) came home.  This is very weird, I'm totally looking forward to retiring but at the same time I have a sort of upset tummy thinking about it.  Change is hard. 


That's it for today.  I hope the lawn mowers come today, it's looking kind of shaggy out there.  Adios!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Looks like a bumper crop of blueberries this year. Definitely more than a handful. Your patience has been rewarded. I hear you about the mixed feelings as your retirement date nears. Anticipation and dread -- all in small doses at the same time. But you're going to be so busy with all your projects. You'll wonder how you ever managed to cram in those hours at the dive shop.