Thursday, March 16, 2017

I Got the Sun in the Morning and the Moon...

... in the morning too.  There was a very thin line of clouds way down close to the horizon this morning for the rising sun to paint with that peachy pink color I like so well (even though I don't like pink, not really).  When I turned to go back into the house there the waning moon was hanging smack dab over the roof of the house.

I spent yesterday evening after supper shopping for birthday gifts for our bonus grandchild who is living with DD and SIL1.  (Hey, if there's a not-related, not-adopted kid that needs a loving home they're on it and if said kid needs goofy but well-meaning and trying hard grandparents a long way away we're on that.)  Not having ever met said bonus grandkid I was at a loss as to what to get but I called DD and she called me back on FB Messenger so I could show her what I was thinking of getting.  It was very cool and made me feel all smart and tech-ish.  I think it's like Skype which I've only done once and that was with SIL1 when he was in the living room and I was in here.  Don't think that really counts.  Anyway, I got some stuff, got it wrapped and packaged, and ready to mail this morning.

After all that, I still made time to sit on the couch to finish the toe on Apres Llama Sock #2 so now I have a pair.  I know, I don't usually make PAIRS of socks but these are lounge socks and I only had one skein of that Orange Ambers I used for an accent color so I couldn't even make them opposite.  But they're very soft and very warm.  Right now they're having a little swim in some wool wash.  Soon I'll roll them in a towel to get out most of the water, then pat them into shape on a blocking mat to dry.  Then I can wear them.  Hooray!

Tonight Lucy Neatby, a (knitting) world famous designer is coming to teach the Guild her Double Knitting technique.  I'm so excited I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. (yeah, I'm a dork)  I've got my two contrasting colors of yarn and three different sizes of DPNs all packed and ready.  I'm a pretty loose knitter so I figure I'll have to go down a needle size or maybe two.  I want to Be Prepared.  Since I woke up so early I'll probably be sleepy by 6 o'clock when the class starts and terminally, stupidly sleepy by 9 o'clock.  I hope she has handouts.

March 16--Maria Krabbe, Wild Roses.  The fragrance drew her down the path.  It was roses, she knew the smell, but like no other roses she knew.  Laurel saw a clearing, squinting in the bright light after the dim path through the trees.  She stepped out into the sunshine and nearly staggered back as the sweet, spicy aroma hit her.  The meadow was a perfect circle filled with mounds of wild pink roses.  Their palm-sized blossoms were a single ring of petals around the center dusted with yellow pollen.  Bees in the hundreds buzzed from flower to flower, the pollen sacs on their legs full.

Okay.  I'm all dressed, teeth are brushed, hair combed, I even have on jewelry.  I think I'd better zoom on outta here if I want to get the package mailed before work.  See ya!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

More company coming tomorrow. Nancy, Lisabeth and Chris (her husband) should roll in around dinner time. Hope our weather warms up a bit. We've had a taste of real winter the past few days and I don't like it!