Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Sure Looks Like Fall

I had to cross the bridge this morning just after the sun came up and was lucky enough to have my cellphone handy.  The yellow-orange was oranger but this is pretty much how it looked.  I don't know if it's supposed to rain today or just be dreary--according to my cellphone weather app it might rain today but will rain tomorrow.  Definitely Fall.

I took every opportunity between customers to knit more on the Inside Outside Scarf at work yesterday and made it to another color change.  Or almost anyway.  The blue is being replaced by red, yellow, and green.  I'm thinking I'm about two-thirds through this and am looking forward to finishing it and blocking it but not the temperatures when it'll be appropriate to wear.

I found a WW recipe for curried butternut squash soup that I can't wait to make.  I bought a nice squash at the Pig on Saturday and spent part of yesterday cobbling together a couple recipes so the soup will suffice as lunch, adding a can of drained chickpeas (for protein) and a half-pound of mushrooms sauteed in a little butter (just because I want to).  The recipe says to roast the squash and onions and garlic, if you want to add it, which should make the flavors pop and also to lightly toast the curry powder before adding it.  Doesn't that sound good?  I might have to whip that up later.  I was also thinking instead of eating a few crackers with it, I'll spritz a pita with some cooking spray and oven toast it to accompany the soup..  Mm, now I really want to make it.

Didn't write last night.  Didn't feel like it.  I blame the gray skies.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You're excused from the writing prompt because you included that soup description. Hope you made it and that it tasted as good as it sounded. Definitely a fall-looking sky. And a very pretty photo.