Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A Foggy Start


No, I mean the sky.  Well, I might have been a little foggy this morning but it passed.







I was happy to see this bluejay come to nab a peanut before the squirrels got them all.




Started September Preemie Hat #2 at work yesterday and cast on another Double Thick Dishcloth with that yarn from the crocheted cloth I frogged last week.  I purely love these cloths.  I'm so glad I found the free pattern.





Speaking of "found," I found Little Free Library #19 in my quest to spread my personal library all over the city.  I had to dodge dump trucks and orange barrels to get to it but I put in three books and took two, one for me and one for the grandkids.  I noticed that there's one in front of the Children's Museum downtown so maybe LC and I will have to check it out next time we visit and I should be sure to have a children's book or two ready to put in there.  It's not too early for her to learn about sharing books.

September 20--Mel Lindstrom, Man with Big Smile.  Carl finished his presentation, let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and looked out over the audience.  There was polite applause and most of the faces wore polite expressions but about halfway back on the left, one guy was smiling so bit that Carl thought he must be halluncinating.  His talk had been thoroughly researched and Lila had helped him polish it but he had no illusions about his delivery.  He wasn't a dynamic speaker, never had been.  He came from a long line of fairly boring people and, in his case, the apple hadn't fallen far from the tree.

And here it is nearly 9 o'clock at night and I'm just now blogging.  I have no excuse.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hope you can take LC to the LFL next time. I have a mental image of you lifting her up so she can put some books in and take one or two out. You're right -- never too early to learn about the library.