Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Loose End

I was so proud of myself Sunday night when I got Durwood's computers and the printer and the switch thing all hooked up with all the wires and cables and "plug this into that" and it worked.  (thanks again for your labeling help, DS, I really appreciate it) Then I turned to the TV/cable box/DVD player/Wii reassembly.  I took my time and I had labeled it all as I took it apart so I felt pretty confident, smug even, as all get-out until I saw this:  a loose end.  It's a short piece of cable cable that I labeled "TV to Wii" except there isn't a place to plug a cable into the Wii console.  I scrutinized the backsides (teehee!) of the cable box and the DVD player and neither of those has a place for it either.  So it was with a bit of trepidation I turned on the TV to see if I could play a show that I'd DVR'd. Yep, it worked.  This morning I tried the Wii.  It worked too.  I haven't gotten any boxes with DVDs in them yet so I can't try that but it occurred to me that it might be for the now-defunct VCR, that I just unplugged the cable from the back of that and didn't unhook it from the back of the TV.  That has to be it, right?  I'm sure of it.  Pretty sure.  Well, maybe.  I should look for those DVDs...


I wore hand-knitted socks to work yesterday and couldn't resist casting on another one last night after supper.  I shouldn't cast on anything else until I get that darned Oriole Wings Wrap finished.  I've got about 4" of the solid brown done and about 2" more to go but it's so bo-o-o-o-o-o-ring.  I'll get there.


This morning I looked out the back and noticed that some trees are bare, some have colored leaves, and some are all green.  I can't figure out how that works.  I sure wish I was a lot taller so I could pick all the apples on that tree.  I need a pie or twelve and maybe applesauce or more pies.  Another day.

I liked the way the sky and clouds looked, though, when the sun was a little higher in the sky.

October 28--Cypriot, Silver Bowl.  Tibor crouched behind the walnut tree's thick trunk to watch the flying lions in their paddock.  Graves, the keeper, used an easy voice to work with the beasts.  He moved with confidence avoiding the claws and wings around him.  By the time Graves had filled the water pans every one of their heads turned toward the sound of the neat cart on the path.  Leo staggered pushing the weight of the haunches of raw meat up to the fence.

Well, that was an idea that wasn't going anywhere.  It sure is windy today but it's sunny too, at least part of the time.  I like it when it's sunny.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are a genius to be able to reconnect all those cables. The area behind this desk is a literal nest of snakes with all the cables going every which way to his computer, my computer, a router, two printers, the phones - well, I don't know what all. Love the picture of the three-colors trees.