Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Footsteps In The Night

All over the snowy patio there are critter prints--bunnies, squirrels, birds--but you can see that the grass is greening and the snow is melting.  It's supposed to be chilly all week and Durwood said that another snowstorm's on its way (boo!) but right now the sun's out so it's good.

When I stopped into Copps grocery the other day they'd gotten a special deal on spring bulbs and all they had left were hyacinths, a big pot with 3 big flower stalks for only $7 and they smelled divine.  I got some.  Wouldn't you?  Of course you would.  Besides hyacinths were Dad's favorite spring flower.

Yesterday it was pretty quiet at work for long stretches so I got a bunch of rows knitted on the burp cloth.  Then I thought about my car knitting warshrag that is also made with cotton yarn and has slipped stitches on the front AND that I'd not stopped when I hit dishcloth size meaning to make a hand towel-ish thing--that would make a perfect burp cloth too so I hauled it into the house when I got home, finished the last bit, and bound it off.  Voila!  (which always makes me think of my mother-in-law Viola)  Burp cloth finis.  And because I can't have just a couple WIPs going I started a pair of crocheted booties for LC that should be hilarious.  Can't wait to see them finished.  Not that I have to hurry because it shows no signs of being too warm for booties anytime soon but I want to see if I can't get them done for the weekend.  Crochet faster, Barbara, get hooking!

April 15--Il Riccio, Satyr.  

The goat man
is on the move
senses ablaze
frozen in bronze.
Fully horned,
he travels erect
on cloven hooves,
wine on one hip,
seashell on a shoulder,
food and drink
for his sensual feast.
~~~~~

Okay, then, I'm off to find a day-off kind of breakfast or some cereal, then to the bank to cash my check, to the nail salon for a fill, swap out the old Time Warner modem for a faster one so our bill goes down, then home to crochet away the day watching shows I've DVR'd.  Hasta la vista, babies.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sounded like a good day -- in spite of that pesky snow! But love the hyacinth. At least it's springtime in your house.