Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Out of Control

The other day almost without my consent or notice I cast on a cowl.  It's one of the "Onesies" from earlier this year and I have no idea what possessed me to cast it on when I have a perfectly good sock and shawl OTN, but cast on I did.  I love the way the colors of the yarn are blending but it's a long time until cowl time.  At least it better be.

I'm onto the gusset of the latest sock, my least favorite part of sock knitting.  I need to make up some something to put a positive spin on making the gusset because I hate to have resentment in my heart for such an easy and integral part of a sock.  If I had better luck with short row heels I might switch over but the last time I attempted one I had to rip it out three, maybe four times.  I hate to rip.  I've named it the POrange sock because I so like the way the pink and orange look beside each other.


I worked on the Jane's Locks shawl at Friday Night Knitting and everyone said they liked it.  The more I look at it the more I like it too.

No comments: