Monday, March 25, 2013

Back Home, Back To The Grind

Weekends are too short.  I'm just putting that out there, in case you didn't know.

My friend Z-Dawg came over in the afternoon yesterday to tackle a craft.  A couple weeks ago she posted on Facebook directions on how to make yarn egg cages with chocolates in them.  I thought it was intriguing too so we gathered foil wrapped chocolate eggs, balloons, glue, yarn (well, duh), covered the work table with waxed paper (thank god!), and made an unholy mess.  We started out using crochet cotton then I dug out some sock yarn since the cotton was so thin it was hard to cover the space; yarn was easier.  Now they have to dry, then we'll pop the balloons, tug out the scraps of rubber, and maybe have these interesting little yarn/string cages with foil wrapped eggs inside.  Or we'll have misshapen yarn blobs around candy.  I was surprised that it was such a pain, not something to do with kids.  I will be amazed if they turn out at all.

March 25--Syria, The Attarouthi Treasure, Silver Dove.  Sheila stood in the kitchen doorway.  The floor was covered with broken dishes and glassware.  Every breakable item in her kitchen was in at least two pieces.  Even her copper-bottomed pots had their handles broken off.  Who hated her enough?  Who cared about her enough to be that angry?

It's so cold and dreary that I just can't get up the energy.  I hope you survive your day.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Hope those yarn egg things turn out right. They look cute but it does sound messy.