Thursday, May 24, 2012

Over-Feathering My Wingspan


I finished wedge #8 yesterday.  Looked at the shawlette, and decided it's just too "ette" so it needs another wedge/triangle, at least.  I have plenty of yarn.  Plenty, because I'm not really into skein #3 yet and they're only 137 yds. each.  Okay, so that's 274 yds. casting on 60 sts and using a US9 circ.  I have 392 yds. of the Lana Gatto Acquamarina so I can make the next one bigger.  It's a good thing that I've made this "practice" one. Wow, it's like swatching!  Who knew?


The Dragonscale mitts pattern that I made for DD's wedding mitts has been scratching at me for a while.  I finally gave in and cast on the other night.  This is attempt #2 since I decided halfway into mitt #1 that I was using too big needles.  Did someone say swatch?

 



In Maple Tree scarf news, I've decided to gather up all my green yarns and then switch them in and out randomly through the summer.  It's going to be a long green summer of green leaves (I'm not complaining) and I'll need some variety.  It's going to be awesome.  Right?  Right.


I thought you might like to see the hole Porter chewed in the new linoleum over at DS & DIL1's last week.  She managed to scratch up a wrinkle and then gnawed away.  Look at that face; she's not even sorry.

No comments: