Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oh, Kids...



This has been one helluva three weeks. Three weeks ago today Mom died, since then I have been living in the center of a whirlwind of funeral preparations, legal papers, and the need to clear out her apartment before December 1 (so we don't have to pay another month's rent). I've been slaving away in the "doll room." I've taken some stuff home, some for DD, some, I realized today when DS helped me haul stuff, that I really don't need. I realized that I've been reflexively thinking "oh this reminds me of Mom" and then putting it in my take-home pile. A lady who knew Mom from her doll making days met me there this morning and she helped me look at all the things with a more objective eye and made some suggestions about how to deal with the avalanche that is the "doll room." Tomorrow TW and AJ and I will meet at Mom's at 10 AM to empty cupboards, etc., make inventories, and set things out for an estate sale at the end of the month. The month is moving faster than I am and I'm hoping that the three of us together can get a lot done and a lot decided. Keep your fingers crossed.

As you have probably surmised, I am not managing to find any spare brain cells to write a novel this month. I've decided to take myself off the hook and resume my nightly prompt writing. Sayonara for today.
--Barbara

No comments: