Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sunny & Breezy Saturday

Today will bring more post-funeral busyness but I'm seeing a teensy glimmer of light wa-a-a-a-a-ay far down there, but it's there. My family has been wonderful, all of us grieving together but managing to keep moving. I'm going out to fill the birdfeeders and install the heater in the birdbath because it's been frozen over the last two mornings. Brrr. I hope it's like this next weekend when Skully, Cookie, and I will be escaping to the tippy-top of Door County for a retreat (which is New Age-speak for walking in the fallen leaves, playing with yarn, fabric or beads, eating soup, and making fires--ooh, gotta remember S'mores ingredients) to renew our tattered selves. Hard times have fallen upon all three of us at the changing of the seasons this year--some physical, some emotional. We need time to regroup and put band-aids on the worst of the wounds. Besides, who wouldn't want to crunch through a forest's worth of fallen leaves in a place where the wind in the trees and the waves on the rocks are the sound track? I want to fly my kite and look at the stars, not at the same time. And I'm still planning to do NaNoWriMo in November so I'll be spending time with my Alphasmart piling up a bunch of words. I've been feeling like I'm on the brink of another creative writing period so I'm going to see if I can't court it out into the light next month. Enough ooey-gooey philosophy, I gotta get moving.

October 28--Jacob Marrel, Four Tulips. Like animated candy, the tulips quiver in the spring wind. Nicca watches to see how they are weathering the gusts. The air is warming but tomorrow is the start of Tulip Days and she doesn't want to begin with blower beds of nothing but leaves and stems. If she didn't know it was impossible she'd suspect that her rival Hendrick had somehow arranged for the wind to blow hard and cold to strip away the petals of her flowers.

Eh, not bad as far as it goes but it was pretty tired around here last night and these few words were just happy to have made it out of the pencil before lights out. Go play in the windy sunshine today.
--Barbara

No comments: