Thursday, August 18, 2011

Looks Like A Perfect Day

All it needs is a bit of a breeze to ruffle the leaves. Right now it's quiet, just the small sounds of Durwood having his second breakfast down the hall in the kitchen. I am getting totally peeved at not losing weight much. I lose a half pound or so, then I gain a pound and a half. I know that it's wrong to weigh myself daily but I've gotten into the habit of hopping on the Wii Fit every morning and setting off on a daily roller coaster ride. I know that it's wrong but still I do it. I need a keeper--but then I resent it when people tell me what to do. I am a trail to myself. I need a magic wand. Anybody?

August 17--Vincent van Gogh, L'Arlesienne: Madame Joseph-Michel Ginoux. All day she sat in her little parlor, a book in her lap, and she kept her eye on who came and went. Madame took her job as concierge of the Hotel Ste. Jerome very seriously. The Hotel was only for young women and no man would be entering while she was on duty. Even when the crazy Dutch artist insisted on painting her picture she made sure to sit where she could see who entered and exited.

Interesting, no long but interesting. Play outside today.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

If you find that magic wand, let me know where to get one! Know what you mean about trying to lose weight!! The only thing losing is the battle!!!