Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Have A Hard Time...

...doing just what I intend to do when I get on the 'net. Half an hour ago I sat down to post here, but first I checked my email, answered a couple, went on Facebook to see what people were saying, and now I'm finally back to my original aim, which was getting today's entry accomplished. Because I've got a haircut this morning and need to leave nearly an hour early for work.

My knee is feeling quite a bit better today. Yay! It'll probably be all back to normal by the time I see the doc on Friday to hear the results of my MRI, which, by the way, is the most boring and everlasting medical test ever invented.

April 6--Thadufushi, Ari Atoll, Maldives. Churned by countless footprints, the beach looked like it was never empty. Lapped by the Indian Ocean which wrapped its dark blue waters around the point in a salty warm embrace, the beach was the perfect staging area for a shore dive. Gina and Mitch had flown halfway around the globe and had spent the last two days sleeping off jet lag, but they were finally ready to put on their gear and get underwater. The Maldives were legendary in scuba circles and none of their friends had made the long trip with them. An unexpected windfall had allowed them to play and carry out this once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whenever she thought of that phrase, Gina felt a chill deep inside. Too many things could go wrong so far from home and too many times fate intervened just when things were going well. And for her and Mitch, things were going very well. She insisted that they run through their usual before-dive checks another time before wading into the ocean and sinking under the surface to see what they could find.

I'd love to go diving there. As soon as I win the lottery.
--Barbara

No comments: