Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's A Lock


We're having a white Christmas--guaranteed. Here's how it looked yesterday in the early evening, about 6 PM. (Fifi is my 9' tall Christmas lawn decoration. I tell people who are silly enough to ask "why a flamingo" that I'm rebelling against traditional Christmas themes. I ask you, who wouldn't rather have a flamingo in their yard than a snowman? There's a 12' palm tree that goes with her but I can't carry it by myself. There'll have to be some modifications to it before next Christmas so she won't be alone.)





And here's how it looks this morning. Blizzard Alison has moved in and
she'
s pissed. So far we have 12" of snow and it's blowing like crazy, with more snow expected before noon. It's the wet, heavy stuff.










This is what I'm thankful for today. My big red snow blower with the electric starter. Thanks again, Durwood.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Did you name the blizzard, or is this a new meteorological thing I haven't heard of?

Less than two weeks until I'm home--yay!

Barbara said...

Nope, they name the storms now, the winter ones anyway.

Yep, two weeks from today everybody will be here! Hooray!