Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The Sun Is Definitely Moving...

... or maybe the Earth is tilting but here's concrete proof that warmer weather is in our future.  In the dead of winter I have to go out the front door to take a picture of the sunup but this morning I noticed that it's moved just enough to shine on back.  Hooray!





I watched a large bunny try to muscle in on another bunny who had laid claim to the seed under the feeders.  The interloper crept up using the Adirondack chair as cover and was routed too quickly for me to get the camera up.  I did notice that he/she was on top of the snow and that the snow was piled as high as the seat of the chair.  Which means that the snow's at least 14" deep on the patio.  When I filled the platform feeder I was able to look down at it because the snow's at least a foot deep there.  Usually I have to tiptoe to see in there.  
 


As I came back into the house I saw this tuft of rabbit fur by the house.  I wonder if the hawk is back...





I sent the potter who made my monster a FB message letting her know that I'd posted her photo on my page and that I was trying to decide whether Lele is a girl or a boy.  I got a reply today, "The Iele are feminine mythical creatures in Romanian mythology. Often they are described as virgin fairies (zâne in Romanian), with great seductive power over men, with magic skills"  Wowza!


12 March--Tropical Obsession. 

Louise reached out and shook Edward’s arm. “Stop, stop. I want to take a picture.” He looked at the warehouses ranged down the left side of the road and the mixed cactus and brush on the other. “Of what?” he asked, thinking that not even the most dedicated shutterbug would find anything photogenic in the scene. “Of the goats, of course.” She pointed off to the right where far away a ragged line of them moved their way. Black and white, orange, brown, and yellow, in all sizes they came. From the shaggy patriarch in the lead to the littlest kid prancing beside its mother, the goats moved as if on a mission. Edward stopped the pickup in the middle of the road, forgetting to depress the clutch and causing the engine to stall with a jerk, and Louise stood out of the truck but behind the door as if afraid the goats would charge her. She earned a sideways glance from the billy goat as he led his flock by. Edward heard the click-buzz of the digital camera as his wife took picture after picture. “Like she’s on the Serengeti,” he muttered. He glanced in the rear view mirror surprised to see a line of cars behind him. Only when Louise lowered the camera and began to sit back in her seat did the lead vehicle swing out to pass them, the native driver giving them a smile and wave. Probably laughing at the crazy tourists, Edward thought with a sneer.

I have the blahs.  Or the bots.  Or the gray sickness.  Maybe it's cabin fever.  Whatever it is I could easily park myself on the couch all day and all night, eating everything that isn't nailed down, binge watching The Great British Baking Show, and knitting.  This afternoon I finally managed to bestir myself and got to the Y around 3:30 where I walked on the elliptical (that kills my quads; I'm building up hoping to manage 5 minutes next week) and then used the weight machines.  Thursday's my last trainer session so I need to decide if I want to pop for more or go it alone.  I should probably do the sessions because then I'll keep going.  I was too lazy to toss anything today.  Maybe tomorrow.
--Barbara

4 comments:

Aunt B said...

Inch by inch the sun is letting you know that Spring is on the way. But no wonder you've got cabin fever. That snow has been around FOREVER. Maybe you can pray to the virgin goddess represented in your monster mug. That Edward. What a grouch. At least he stopped for her to take some pictures. Men!!

Aunt B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunt B said...

Oops! Sorry about repeating myself. I pressed a key twice -- or something!

Victoria Jicha said...

Met your Attic writing partner yesterday, quite by accident. We were both amazed at what a small world it really is.