Monday, March 18, 2019

One of Those Days

I didn't do a darned thing today.  I read the newspaper, did the Jumble, Sudoku, and the crossword, then adjourned to the couch where I watched the last three episodes of Season 6 of The Great British Baking Show (Rahul won). That took me to about 2 o'clock when the doorbell rang.  A knitting friend, HH, stopped to visit.  She stayed for a couple hours so no web surfing or box tossing got accomplished.  The only thing I did was move the conversation into the kitchen so that I could peel and cut up a big bag of carrots and cut an onion to roast to have veggies with the remaining frozen meals.

 

I finally managed to snap a photo of the chipmunk when it perched on the step.  It frantically dashes around from the feeders to the retaining wall evidently expecting to be pounced upon at any moment.







This evening I dropped a stitch.  Grrr.  I had to tink back a couple rounds to get to a place where I felt like I was safe starting up again.  I broke off the blue variegated and attached the red/brown yarn so that should make the hat look more like it was planned.

18 March--Tropical Obsession. 

Sharon had planed to spend the afternoon in town shopping but Maria stopped her on her way out. “You going downtown?” she said. Sharon slowed her steps, trying to decide if she were willing to do a favor for the maid, not sure she felt like being that nice. “I thought I’d browse in Littman’s and maybe Island Fashions.” Please don’t ask me to run and errand, she thought, please don’t. “Why?” Maria saw the friendly light go out of Sharon’s eyes. “No reason, really.” Maria shrugged. “I noticed a couple cruiseboats in. Might be crowded down there.” You might see your beloved Diego, such a big man, she thought. You might see him making eyes at another girl he can get into bed. “Have a nice afternoon, missus” she said with a smile.

I feel like I'm teetering on the brink of a slippery slope to laziness.  I realize that I'm retired and I don't HAVE to do things but I struggle with my damned work ethic, with guilt if I don't accomplish things every day.  I need to get over that--fast.  Tomorrow's a Y day so I'll feel better about myself.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That latest knitting looks so complicated. Just learning that counts for something. Now that you've finished with TGBBS, did you keep up with "Top Chef?" I won't tell you who won in case you want an excuse to relax on the couch and catch up on the last few episodes. I'll take the blame for turning you into a (temporary) lazybones.