Friday, June 15, 2018

Rain, Rain...

It rained most of the day, light rain in the morning, heavier rain in the afternoon, and a real thunderstorm tonight.  Naturally I watered all my flowers this morning so they got extra drinks all day.  I don't mind.  I've noticed that no matter how much "hose water" I pour on plants they grow better with rain water.

I noticed this morning that the spiderwort is blooming.  I found this perennial years ago and was instantly smitten when I read on the tag "thrives with poor soil and neglect."  My kind of plant.







I am entranced by the red-skinned potato plants.  Every day they're a bit bigger and have more leaves.  The sweet potato that's sharing the bale has opened a few new leaves but doesn't seem to be growing by leaps and bounds.










 


The peony buds opened and probably got beaten to a pulp by tonight's hard rain.


At Friday Night Knitting I cast on for the left front of the Montparnasse Eco Cardi.  I know this looks like nothing more than a black worm but it's about 1 1/2 inches of sweater front in a lovely dark brown.  Really.

I didn't write the prompt last night.  I was too tired from spending the evening out on the river in the sun and wind so I just turned off the light and went to sleep.  I think I might do the same tonight.  It's supposed to be in the 90s this weekend.  Makes me think that my plan to spend the weekend downstairs cutting out fabric is genius.  Toodle-oo.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are brave to be knitting a sweater in 90 degree weather. Having a solid reason to be downstairs cutting out a dress or a top is what a very hot day demands. No guilt whatsoever. Your plants look wonderful.