Sunday, June 10, 2018

Poppies!

I was so thrilled to see flashes of poppy orange when I opened the drapes this morning.  I swear there wasn't a hint of orange yesterday and today, bam!, one open poppy and a couple buds ready to pop at any minute.



I had every intention of sewing away this cool and dreary day but DS called to chat and mentioned that he planned to work on building more of the play structure in their backyard so I volunteered my services as a helper, gofer, and general dogsbody.  It was fun.  We assembled and attached the tube slide and, may I say, tube slides are the devil's invention.  The thing turns and twists in ways that would have given a contortionist fits.  DS and I just blistered the air with words unbecoming the Sabbath and kept on going.  When I left there were lots of pieces of wood and lots of little bags of hardware left to be assembled but I'm guessing he'll get them done himself and won't need his mom anymore.  I really enjoyed the afternoon spent with my son.


For supper I made a new recipe of shrimp fried rice out of the WW cookbook I got for seventy-nine cents Friday night.  It had peas, bean sprouts, Canadian bacon (well, it called for ham but Canadian bacon is what I had), lots of scallions, bell pepper, shrimp (of course), and rice.  No soy sauce, only a dab of oyster sauce.  Next time I make it I'll doctor it up.  I had eaten my bowl of it before I remembered to take its picture.  Maybe I'll remember tomorrow before that disappears...

Didn't write the prompt last night and I'm hurrying to get this posted so I can go to bed.  I "wasted" the evening working on the much-delayed Bay Lakes Knitting Guild newsletter only to discover that the latest Microsoft update of Windows 10 fixed it so that the version of Print Shop that I've been using no longer works.  Gah!  It worked once, just enough that I thought I'd get away with it, and then it quit recognizing itself so I'm doing battle with a newer version of the program that has never worked right but I've never made time to call the company for tech help.  I love computers.  Maybe if I say it often enough I'll convince myself.  

Good night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You had what I call a Banner Day. Starting with the beautiful poppy and then the wonderful afternoon with your boy. Their backyard looks really big and the play house is very impressive. I had a good day myself. Since Nancy had taken the Greyhound over here (car trouble - grrrrr), I said I'd take her back if she'd do the west to east part; I'd drive back. So crisscrossed the state and lived to tell the tale! But worth it to spend time together. Fun weekend all the way around.