Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Hardly Anything

That's what I've got to say about today.  My early morning was consumed with my usual yoga & meditation, then breakfast while I perused the newspaper and did battle with the Jumble, Sudoku, and crossword puzzle, followed by listing my day's to-dos in my Bullet Journal.  After that I showered (you're welcome), planted two replacement herbs (thyme and rosemary) the originals of which had given up the ghost, and watered everything that needed it.

I went to two places looking for a gadget Durwood needs (no luck), then took him to the hearing aid place to get the left one looked at--again.  I swear that left hearing aid is either a lemon or it has a vendetta against Durwood, it's forever quitting or attracting so much gunk that no sound comes out.

In between the hearing aid appointment and making supper (WW Chicken Cacciatore from the freezer) I plonked myself on the couch and knitted on what I swear is the last dishcloth I'll make for a while.  Both LB and I had yarn left from last month's knitting guild charity dishcloth knitting so I volunteered to put her leftovers and mine together into one.  I'm knitting two rows with each yarn alternately.  They're so alike that it's hard to tell, except for the lime green stripes.  I'm hoping that there's still a turquoise stripe in the walnut-size ball of yarn still remaining.  I'm planning to keep knitting until the yarn runs out.

June 5--Carlo Guiliano, Necklace.  Mae felt a chill encircle her throat as Gray put the necklace on her.  The gold felt like it had been in the freezer.  She reached up to touch it as she looked in the mirror.  Dangling from each link was a stack of enamel triangles with a pearl at the end.  They moved like fringe, like icicle fringe moving sensuously on her bare skin.

I didn't get many words last night either.  Tomorrow I'm meeting ACJ for an afternoon of writing.  I hope the words follow me.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Waaaaa. Only one picture today -- but it's a good one. And I could see the different colors. Even on days when you say hardly anything happened, you still do a lot of stuff. Your bullet journal must be full every day.