Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Here's My Excuse

I didn't blog last night because I was deep into getting the tardy and abbreviated Bay Lakes Knitting Guild newsletter but by 10:30 I had it ready to be converted to a pdf and sent out to the membership this morning.  See?  Done.

The poppies are in their glory...




...and the peony buds are getting ready to open in a day or two.








My garden is growing nicely.  The red-skinned potatoes are leafing out and the sweet potato plant hasn't died.  It hasn't changed much but it isn't dead.  I consider that a victory.





 
There are flowers on one of the tomato plants and a teeny tiny bell pepper on our lone pepper plant.








 
The thread-like scallions are about 3" tall and there are little gray umbrellas of mushrooms on that bale.



 


The carrots are getting their ferny tops up and out.


 
This afternoon I stole a bit of time and put in the second sleeve of the pumpkin linen Dress no. 2 and sewed up the side seams and underarm seams.  All that's left is to put on the neckline binding, add the pockets, and hem the sleeves and the bottom.  Then I'll allow myself to cut out more things.  I have some loud red fish print upholstery fabric I'm eager to turn into a Dress no. 1 and I want to cut out a couple more Shirt no. 1s.  Maybe I'll cut out some Pants no. 1 too but I'm not as thrilled with that pattern as I am with the other ones.  We'll see how long my patience and my lower back hold out.

June 12--M.E. Caddy, Ete.  Summer.  It means different things to different people.  To kids it's no school, playing outside, and orange Popsicles... well, it used to be before game consoles, organized sports, and people with guns everywhere.  To others it means piling the family into a minivan or SUV and hitting the road.  I dream of endless days of little to do and few demands on my time but most of the time it's a pipe dream.  I run myself ragged.

I realized today that I haven't been doing much knitting lately.  I wonder where my knitting mojo went?  Oh well, it'll turn up again one of these days.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That newsletter is a legitimate excuse for skipping one day. Quite impressive. As is your yard. So much stuff out there blooming and growing. But glad you're back for all us avid followers. Loved hearing your sweet voice the other day. You're truly a marvel in so many ways. Love you.