Thursday, December 28, 2017

Warmer Today

Today it got all the way up to 11 decrees.  Above zero.  Warm.  See, it's cloudy today so the
cloud cover holds in the heat, if you can call 11 degrees heat.  I might have said "it's not too bad" to a lady shivering before she even left the dentist's office this afternoon.  It isn't bad, it's not even windy and there're little tiny snowflakes falling--making the roads slick.  A veritable winter wonderland.  On the way home from the dentist where Durwood got 2 fillings and an extraction, look what I found.  A birdie tree!  And just up the street from home.  I dropped Durwood off and hurried up to nab it before someone else did.  Not that I think there are roving bands of people collecting used Christmas trees but it looked just right so I got it.  The across the street neighbor who is new in the neighborhood and probably hasn't heard about "that woman who comes and takes old Christmas trees home" drove into their driveway and stayed in their car until I pulled away.  Great, now I'm the scary crazy lady from around the corner.  Had to happen sooner or later, I guess.

 I had every intention of going downstairs after supper to cut out two of the jumper-style Dress No. 1s out of the other flannel I bought (not enough on the bolt for sleeves) and the black denim but I was hit with such a wave of tiredness I thought if I went down there I might not get back up.  I'll try for tonight and see about sewing up one or both tomorrow.  Nothing on the schedule except Friday Night Knitting.  No doctor or dentist appointments, no long grocery lists, nothing.  Ahhh.

I didn't write a prompt last night.  See above paragraph re: wave of tiredness.  I'll try to do better tonight.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm sure all the birds in your part of the world are saying "thank you" to the crazy lady who lives around the corner and keeps them fed after Christmas. It's got to be fun to see any birds flitting and flying into the abandoned Christmas tree. A definite win-win-win -- one for the people tossing the tree (you got rid of it for them), one for the birds (who will be dining in your backyard) and one for you and D as you enjoy them during these cold, cold winter months. You had every right to be tired!