Saturday, December 30, 2017

How Cold Is It?

It's so cold that the bird seed, peanuts, and cob corn I put out for the birds and squirrels two days ago has barely been touched.  And the traps that MW put out last night weren't tripped this morning even though they're baited with bacon.  Who can resist bacon?  Evidently rats are nocturnal also they're smart enough to stay where it's warm when the days are as cold as they've been even if there's bacon around.  I, however, am not smart enough to stay in the warm.  I've been out and about every day.  There must be a lesson there.

The only thing I have to show for my day today is getting the two Dresses no. 1 sewn
together and the binding sewn on the neck and armholes.  I got the binding on the black denim Dress turned and stitched and the binding on the flannel Dress attached but not turned and stitched yet.  I'll get to that tomorrow.  As you can see I didn't have enough of one color bias tape to have all the same color on the flannel dress (without opening a new package) but it really doesn't show once the dress is worn.  Besides we all know how I feel about matching things.

While I was downstairs sewing I also did laundry but as usual I'm sparing you photos of our dirty laundry--or the clean laundry.

December 30--Vincent van Gogh, Cafe Terrace at Night.  Justine and Guy sat at the one table in the sidewalk cafe that didn't get rained on.  All around them people leaped up, gathered their things and their drinks to hurry inside.  Justine stretched her hand out until it was straight out and felt the raindrops on her palm.  "Are you getting rained on?" she asked.  Guy shook his head.  "No.  You?"  She shook her head.

Right there is where my brain turned off and I went to sleep.  Also I couldn't see where to go from there.  Sometimes writing's like that.  Stay warm.  I think I'll turn my electric blanket up from "1" to "2" tonight.  Brr.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Glad you've got that electric blanket. When bacon can't tempt a rat (or anyone) out for a nibble, you know it's COLD!