Friday, December 29, 2017

I Cut

Last night after supper I did what I said I would do.  I went downstairs and cut out a black denim Dress No. 1 and a flannel Dress No. 1 (because there wasn't enough fabric for a Dress No. 2, which has sleeves), then I decided to throw caution to the winds and cut out two pairs of Pants No. 2 aka leggings.  I had every intention of going down and sewing one or the other today but here it is after 3 o'clock and I've got a severe case of the slows today.  I didn't manage to make breakfast for myself until 10:30, didn't shower until nearly noon, and just finished lunch so I'm thinking there will be no sewing today.



I did go out and run a shovel over the driveway to remove some of yesterday's snow and then I went out back to uncover the rat hole or at least the approach to it so that when MW comes over to set up the trap he can see what he's dealing with.  I meant to move all of these posts but the ground is frozen and there's no moving them.






I made the best breakfast for myself today.  It's a variation of one of the new WW Freestyle recipes.  I sauteed a scallion and a bit of bell pepper in a spritz of cooking spray and a drop of olive oil, then scrambled an egg and an egg white into which I put a pinch of Emeril's creole seasoning, then when it was flipped and nearly set, I nestled in a tablespoon of low-fat cream cheese, cubed, so it would melt.  I toasted half a lite multigrain English muffin, added a prune, and half a banana.  This whole plate of breakfast goodness is only 3 points.  Woohoo.  I've been missing scrambled egg sandwiches and here's a way to have them.  Score!



Next fall I need to move the rickety park bench I put pots of flowers on behind the house.  See how the humid air from the furnace vent is making an icicle on it?  It too is frozen in place so I can't move it but I made sure that it isn't blocking the vent.



 

I have been doing a little knitting.  I'm slowly replacing the way-too-big shawl neck of this sweater with ribbing.  I think I'll like it much better that way.

December 29--Fans Hals, Laughing Boy with Wine Glass.  We all did it, went around slurping the dregs of the cocktails after our parents and their friends left for a dance.  That's how I developed a taste for smoked oysters and brandy Manhattans.  To be honest, most of the time we'd dump all the drinks into a pitcher and share them out.  It wasn't until I got to college that I learned that was a time-honored campus tradition called wapatuli.  Everyone brought a bottle of something alcoholic and it'd all get dumped into a trash can or a big tub and mixed.  Vile stuff.

Ah.  The good old days.  I should run a couple errands before knitting.  Seeyabye.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

This seems like the time of year for the "slows". But you still got a lot done! Just putting that WW breakfast together sounds like a project to me. Looks delicious.