Tuesday, December 26, 2017

B-b-baby, It's C-c-c-cold Outside

Holy bejeebers, it's cold.  I just got back from the dentist's office (no cavities, yay!) and thought I'd freeze solid before I got home.  And when I did get home I put on a wool sweater over my three layers and some wool knit pants over my fleece-lined tights.  I'm cold, people, c-c-c-cold.  (got toe warmers in my shoes too)  I wonder if Durwood would mind if I made soup with some of the chicken and veggies leftover from Saturday night supper.  I feel like making a vat of soup and submerging myself in it.  (taps lips with finger)  I'll have to think on it.  Oh, and here's proof that I did indeed go out in the frigid night last night to grill steaks.  I'll move the grill back against the house when it gets above zero.


This afternoon I spread out on the living room floor and traced off the Dress No. 2 pattern
from 100 Acts of Sewing.  I bought some flannel to make it out of and I'm wondering if I cut it out tonight could I get it sewed up tomorrow?  Probably, especially since there's nothing I really want to watch on TV on Tuesday nights.  (It is Tuesday, right?  With Christmas Day being Monday that felt like Sunday I'm all discombobulated.)  I also traced off a dress pattern to try making LC a flannel jumper dress like I've made for myself.  As soon as I got the tissue pattern spread out but before I got the pattern tracing fabric over it the furnace kicked on and blew the pattern into a crumple.  Of. Course.  I grabbed a couple small items to hold it down and got the job done.  Take that, furnace fan.




I snapped this picture of a sign in the gift shop of the Botanical Gardens.  It says:  Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy.  Hah!  I thought my friend MW could make one like it to hang in the gift shop of the Wildlife Sanctuary where he volunteers.


The other cool thing was the big tree in the lobby of the Botanical Gardens building.  It's decorated with dried flowers, seed heads, garland of dried peppers, some natural, some painted, but very beautiful.  There was one ball made from poppy seed heads and another covered with acorn caps.





I'm using my new bamboo fountain pen to write in my Bullet Journal.  I just grabbed a cartridge out of a box before I realized that DD sent me seven different colors of ink.  The one I got is blue but I could have gotten red or purple or green or neon yellow or black or amber brown.  Now I am cool.

December 26--Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Street Scene with Red Streetwalker.  She couldn't have been more obvious if she'd had a "For Rent" sign on her back.  Her red clothes were so tight that nothing was left to the imagination.  Her hair was an unnatural yellow and her heels were too high.  We stood side by side and I knew she saw me studying her reflection in the shop window.

That's as far as I got before falling asleep.  I didn't think I was that tired but evidently I was.  I let them paint on some sort of fluoride sealer on my teeth and it tastes yukky, kind of plasticky.  Not good.  But if it keeps my teeth in my head longer I guess I can deal.  Now to see about making soup out of supper.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Hope you did make that soup. Just the picture of the grill in the snow is enough to make it a "soup for supper" day! Love your bullet journal AND your beautiful new pen. Certainly an incentive to write every day.