Saturday, November 18, 2017

Barely Worth Blogging

I've had a busy two days.  Busy wrangling assistants, filling birdfeeders yesterday in the drizzle, but I managed to get two words embroidered on Rebel Girl Hat #3 last night at Friday Night Knitting.  By the time I got SMART finished I'd probably made at least another letter with all of the goofs I made and had to pull out.  Frustrating but easily fixed.  Two more words on the other side and the three Rebel Girls will have hats to model.





Today we went to the Holiday Parade downtown.  It was chilly and a bit breezy but we found a spot near the start of the parade.  We saw police horses, dance schools, horses with painted hooves, fire trucks, Oneida princesses, Miss Wisconsin, and Miss Green Bay.  There were barely floating balloons (see above re: breeze) and at the very end were Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus in a 2-horse drawn carriage.  My companion was a champ at gathering the candy thrown by the people along the route.  A great time was had by all.


We made our favorite waffles for lunch--Cornbread Carrot Cheddar.  They're so easy to make a 3 1/2 year old can do everything except the cooking part.  Take 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, add 1/2 cup milk and 1 egg, whisk until blended.  Using a spoon, stir in one peeled & grated biggish carrot, grate a couple ounces of cheddar cheese.  Pour onto heated griddle and cook to desired doneness.  (sorry if I've shared this before, it's just so darned easy and so delicious I think everyone should make them)  Oh, and one square with a little syrup and butter costs 11 WW points.

And that's it.  I was so worn out I didn't write the prompt last night and I'm guessing I won't write much tonight either.  Look at the time!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh my goodness -- you were up so late. But the faithful blogger endured and we're so grateful for it. Nice that you had a companion for your activities -- especially the parade. Good that Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus have come to town!