Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Heel Turned

I always feel as if I've performed a secret magic trick when I turn a sock heel. And knitting with my Christmas present from DD yarn makes it doubly good. I am loving the colors of this yarn and the pattern. Thanks, Honey, for the yarn and the recommendation!










I've been trolling the sale tables at the fabric store lately looking for snazzy fabrics to make project bags with. I found this awning stripe and the cotton flip flop fabric a couple weeks ago and thought they'd make an awesome reversible bag. Sunday I took the time and made the bag. I love it--and I found some blue & green striped awning fabric and some coordinating cotton last week to make another one. I even have the nylon webbing for the handles in my stash downstairs. I'm not as precise a seamstress as my friend, Dusty, but I sure am having fun sewing up bags.

No comments: