Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Still Wii-ing Along

Just so you don't think I'm goofing off or anything, I want to let you know that I've got over 3 weeks of Wii Fit-ting every day logged. Even the little animated balance board/cafeteria tray thingy is impressed. I'm going to look for more Wii Fit "games" to see what else I can do so I don't get bored, but so far I'm in love with step aerobics and yoga. Not bored at all.

July 21--August Macke, Landscape with Cows and a Camel. Nora stood at the window, her arms crossed on her midriff, holding herself together. She thought, if I stand still I'll be all right. All right? That's a good one, Nora. She hadn't been all right since I've been here and that's stretching into the decades. She had new medication, stronger medication, and it was wreaking havoc as it worked to untangle the snarls of the past. Colors were brighter, sounds were louder, and the edges of objects had a disconcerting tendency to align themselves into patterns. Today was a triangle day, a pyramid day actually since everything was equilateral, kind of Egyptian looking. The birdbath and the boxwood hedge seemed to have been replaced by a pair of cows, and the forsythia had turned into a camel. Nora was fairly certain that Rick hadn't suddenly become addicted to lawn art of the tacky persuasion but she did not intend to ask about it. No, she did not. She could tolerate a stay in Doctor Davis' sanatorium in winter when it was gray and depressing for everyone, but not now. Not in the summer when the soft breezes and sweet smells made her happy almost every day. No, she wouldn't mention what she saw. Maybe when the new pill kicked in the edges would go back to normal and the livestock would leave.

I like this. I like today's painting and I like my story bit.
--Barbara

No comments: