Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What I Do When I Should Be Rewriting

I am currently frustrated by my inability to focus on rewriting my novel. I know what I need to do and can imagine it, but when I get to the page I lose it and spiral off into teeth gritting and muttering. When things get too bad I turn to my wooly pacifier(s). Here's what's been happening.

I crocheted another row of fish onto the afghan. Now only four rows are flapping in the breeze only half attached. It looks pretty much the same, I didn't picture it.

I realized yesterday morning that I had 3 days to knit and felt a felted holder for the writing friend I'm meeting in Sheboygan on Friday. I cast it on at work yesterday but then I got busy (pesky customers!). After supper I parked myself on the couch and knit like the wind, or as much like the wind as this slow knitter can. This afternoon when the words petered out, I went back to it and finished it around 9. A couple spins through the washer and, Ta-da! We have gift! I like it. I actually followed the directions this time and it turned out about the right size. Amazing what happens when you follow the directions. Who knew?




Thuja is coming along, and I just barely got the second Candy Cane sock cast on.







One of these days I'll get myself back on track for Finished 2009. Really.

2 comments:

Samara said...

I want the pattern for the felted jar cover. And who knew I would run out of fun fur?

Julie said...

Aha! Yes! These are the stitch keepers I saw. I knew they were somewhere. Thanks for the info.

I bet the Goober's Little People animals would work for this. There's a depression in the bottom of them. Hmmmmm.


Verification word, 'introins', sub-atomic particles that introduce themselves.